- With our cities plunging into lockdown after lockdown, things can get draining, anxiety-inducing and isolating. You're not the only one who's feeling "over it". So how do we make it through?
- The relentless pursuit of all things "hustle" might look like the only option when it comes to fulfilling our goals, however there can be a dark-side. We chatted to Indigo Psychologist, Jacob Rath, about the negative impact that hustle culture might hold for us and how we might explore some healthier alternatives.
- Journalling has been shown, time and time again in the research, to be something that helps us manage our mental health and develop a deeper understanding about our thoughts, feeling and behaviours. Some of the benefits of journalling include: Helping to manage anxiety, Reducing stress, Dealing with depression, Helping you prioritise goals and clarify values, Helping you work through problems, fears and obstacles
How to tell a loved on that you think they should get professional help (without sounding like a know-it-all)How can you sensitively tell a loved one that you think therapy might be a good idea without hurting them, getting them on the defence OR even turning them against the idea completely?
- Sometimes, life gets a little too much for us to hack – and it’s times like these we need to get brave, reach out and ask for help or support. Here are some signs that you might not be doing great
- This week is Men’s Mental Health week, and while we’re making great strides at smashing the stigma when it comes to men and mental health, men are still experiencing mental health conditions such as depression and substance use disorders at alarming rates, and dying by suicide at a rate three times greater than females.
- We’re told to discard and dust off material things we no longer need but how often do we look within ourselves to see what we need to let go of? In celebration of Spring being the season of growth and rebirth, we’re taking this opportunity to declutter the dusty pockets of our mind, to make them fresh for the approaching new year.
- Sometimes the people in our lives go through tough stuff. We want to be a good friend and help them out, support them and be there for them, but often it’s really hard to know what the right thing is to say.