LEARN TO MEDITATE
It’s easy to lose yourself in the thoughts, worries, obligations and plans that swirl around your head all day, every day. So many of us get caught up in the activity of our busy modern lives that we simply forget to look up and notice what we’re doing, who we’re with and what we have.
Mindfulness meditation is one way to help reconnect us to ourselves. This four-week fundamentals course explores the practice of meditation and the concepts of mindfulness in an easy-to-digest format that’s suitable for anyone looking to lead calmer, less reactive and more connected lives.
What you will learn
- How to establish a meditation practice
- Meditation and mindfulness – how each is different and can change your life
- Mind and body – how each affect the other
- Simple practical techniques to reduce stress and be less reactive
- How to apply mindfulness in everyday life
This workshop is perfect for
- First-time meditators looking to establish a regular practice
- Anyone wishing to tame their monkey mind
- Busy professionals wanting to reduce stress and tension
- Those who feel life is passing them by, without any moments for rest
Danielle Hanrahan, Counsellor and Mindfulness Practitioner
Passionate about understanding the mind and body, Danielle works with individuals and groups to facilitate self-awareness in the context of our busy, modern lives. She brings her knowledge and experience in psychotherapy, popular psychology, neuroscience, mindfulness and meditation to each aspect of her work, creating a safe and supportive space for individuals to learn and grow.
6.30pm – 8.30pm
Monday evenings weekly
23rd Apr 2018 - 14th May 2018
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills