Is anxiety kicking your ass? It can be draining and exhausting – living in a constant state of unease. And the cruel joke is, the more we struggle against it, the tighter its grasp over us becomes. Once we familiarise ourselves with our anxiety, we can start to relate to it differently. And by developing a new, curious and non-impulsive relationship with anxiety, we can start to take our life back.
In this 1 day workshop, you’ll learn about what factors might be contributing to your own anxiety, and begin developing useful insight into your behaviours and thoughts. Led by Amy Newsom, you’ll be armed with a range of strategies to help you manage your anxiety by identifying your triggers, dealing with your self-critic and training that negative little voice in your head to become more self-compassionate.
This workshop will suit you if
- You are feeling overwhelmed or stressed
- You are wanting simple strategies to be calmer and less reactive
- You feel anxiety controls your life
- You are looking for a more holistic approach to anxiety
- You are overcome by panic attacks
- You find social situations terrifying or struggle with social anxiety
What you will learn
- What is anxiety?
- Understanding physiology
- Recognising your inner critic
- Identifying triggers
- Using thinking techniques to deal with anxiety
- Identifying cycles which keep us feeling trapped in our anxiety
- Using environmental techniques to improve our thoughts and feelings
- Building self compassion and acceptance
- Translating self compassion into self care
Amy is a warm and enthusiastic psychologist, who loves getting to know different people and understanding their unique way of thinking. Amy is passionate about group work, as she believes it has the power to deliver therapeutic support in a fun, non-threatening and engaging environment. She draws upon a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches in creative ways. Amy is known for big belly laughs and loves to use humour in her work to demystify and destigmatise mental health issues.
The Important Stuff
|DATE:||Sun 29th Sep|
|TIME:||10.30am – 3.30pm|
|LOCATION:||33 Foster Street, Surry Hills|
|COST:||$149 or 4 payments of $37.25|