Workshops + Courses
Take a closer look at why we put things off; explore the true meaning of your habits and learn how to turn procrastination into motivation.
“Someday is not a day of the week”
The question is not so much, “Do you procrastinate?” – we all do – but how and why? For most of us, procrastination is a mystery, and one that distances us from the things we should be doing. But once we gain an awareness of our habits – and their roots – we can begin to move past them.
The scientists believe procrastination is a coping mechanism gone awry, where we turn to scrolling through Instagram or doing housework to avoid the stuff we really need to get done. However you procrastinate, one thing remains the same for all of us: it can be managed.
What you will learn
- Learn why we procrastinate, and the cost to our overall life satisfaction
- Discover how mindfulness can make you more aware of procrastination
- Build an understanding around your procrastination habits
- Learn about “effective procrastination” and whether there’s an upside to it
This workshop is perfect for
- Self-proclaimed procrastination experts ready for change
- Anyone looking to develop awareness around their habits
- Those looking for simple strategies to boost productivity
- Dreamers wanting to stop planning, start doing
- Anyone who finds themselves scrolling way too much
Mary Hoang Principal Psychologist and Founder of The indigo project
Establishing The indigo project, a psychology and mindfulness practice, in 2012, Mary Hoang helps people manage their overactive modern minds. An in-demand speaker and media commentator, with appearances at Vivid Ideas, Sunrise and The Today Show, as well as working with companies such as Westpac, Mama Mia and KPMG, Mary’s expertise in utilising mindfulness to unlock creativity and achieve balance continues to gain popularity among people ready to take control of their lives.
Founder of YOND.
Rich Lucano is a music producer and creative strategist. He has shaped sound and strategy for clients like Bulleit Whiskey, Skype and Microsoft. This collision of strategic thinking and musicality now sees him at the helm of YOND, pushing brands to enrich culture by taking a considered approach to sound. He is often asked “So, you’re like Charlie Sheen in that show huh?”
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday 29th June
The indigo project: 33 Foster Street, Surry Hills