New Chapter: After Loss
Experiencing loss in any form - a relationship, loved one, childhood pet, dream job, an imagined future or a disability / illness - can be devastating and at times, crippling. While time can’t erase, it does invite you to sit with the emotions you’re facing, ask questions and allow yourself to heal.
This workshop will help you understand grief and gain insight into your personal coping style. It will help you develop strategies to sit with the hurt; process its significance and move toward healing its wounds in a gentle and compassionate way.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL SUIT YOU IF
- You are currently grieving any form of loss
- You feel as though you are struggling to sit with the pain and heal
- You feel ready to face the difficult emotions
- You are currently working through an expected/anticipated loss; from the loss of a job, or a break-up, to the loss of somebody in your life
- You are struggling to understand your emotions and why you are feeling the way you are and feel that this could be related to a particular loss in your life
April Ash Clinical Psychologist
April is a Clinical Psychologist who specialises in mood, anxiety, relationships and identity, with a focus on grief, loss and bereavement.
“Grief and loss is one of the most human places we can emotionally go to. It is at the core of what makes us human; our capacity to love and form deep and wholehearted relationships with those around us. This connection always has a risk but despite this we brave it because the love and connection is greater than the risk.
The loss or disruption of this connection with someone whether it be through relationship loss, disability or death is shattering. Supporting someone who is sitting with incredible amounts of raw pain and vulnerability, and helping them find places of respite and meaning is honouring and deeply humbling. My grief and loss clients teach me more about what it is truly like to be human than any other." - April Ash
10am - 12:30pm
Sat 28th July 2018
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills
Please note: If you are unsure if this is the right workshop for you, please contact our reception on +61 2 9212 5469 to discuss further.
Tickets for workshops are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please see our T&Cs for more info.