Mindfulness for Entrepreneurship
When you’re putting it all on the line for your business, there’s no glitz and glamour. It's a hard slog. We’re taught to “fake it till you make it”, but the cost of hiding our vulnerabilities and maintaining a brave face can take its toll. Thankfully, there’s a secret weapon out there called mindfulness, and it’s available to you, instantly.
In this session you’ll learn proven ways to developing a more resilient, accepting and flexible mindset to ensure that when it comes to business, you’re putting your best foot forward. Join Founder and Head Psychologist of The indigo project, Mary Hoang, as she guides you through managing the internal struggles faced by entrepreneurs, with mindful techniques and tools to cultivate a mindset that can weather any ups and downs.
What you will learn
- Learn how mindfulness can help you develop greater self-awareness and resilience
- Discover the connection between stress and the mind-body system
- Learn how to regulate your emotional life and weather the highs and lows of running a business
- Understand how vulnerability can benefit both you and your business
- Learn how mindfulness can change your perception of time, by enhancing your relationship with the present moment
- Discover how to deal with uncertainty and bounce back from failure
- Learn how to prioritise self-care to ensure the longevity of your business
This workshop is perfect if you're
- An entrepreneur looking for more balance in your life
- Trying to juggle your own mental wellbeing with self-expectations and work demands
- Looking to push your business forward but caught in the daily grind
- Dreaming of making the leap into a new venture
- A start-up founder looking to build resilience in yourself and your team
- Finding there's not enough hours in a day to meet your goals
- Seeking support and guidance from a like-minded group of people
Mary Hoang Head Psychologist and Founder of The indigo project
In 2012 Mary Hoang established The indigo project, a psychology and mindfulness practice to help people deal with their overactive modern minds. It has since grown into a thriving three-level hub in Surry Hills that hosts a range of innovative workshops and events.
Mary is an in-demand speaker (Vivid Ideas, Sunrise, The Today Show) and has worked with companies such as Westpac, Mama Mia, KPMG and General Electric, helping them find creative business solutions through psychology and mindfulness.
Her expertise lies in understanding the modern mind, and how to utilise mindfulness to achieve balance. Her mission is to help people understand their true potential, flex their creative spirit, and create a like-minded community that cares about themselves and the world around them.
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday 31st May
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills