LEARN TO MEDITATE
Exhausted by the thoughts whirling around in your head? What about feeling overwhelmed by your life of constant ‘doing’?
In our modern world we are consumed from dawn till dusk by endless activity, so we stop paying attention, opting to move through our days on autopilot. Because of our limited time, there is no opportunity to explore what makes us happy or sad, so we continue as we have always been, filling our days with a jam-packed schedule of activities, hoping that with more stimulation we will be satisfied, but only to discover that’s not the case at all.
Mindfulness is learning to pay attention – to the sights, sounds and yep, smells of the world around us. Meditation is a practice that helps us pay attention. It helps to transform the mind by training it to recognise when our thoughts are getting out of control, when our emotions make us react in a way we’ll later regret, and ultimately, to be comfortable in our own skin.
The benefits of both meditation and mindfulness are life changing and in this four-week course, we endeavour to show you just how transformational these concepts can be to who you are today and who you can be.
What you will learn
- How to establish a meditation practice
- Meditation and mindfulness – how each is different and can change your life
- Mind and body – how each affect the other
- How to apply mindfulness in everyday life
- Simple practical techniques to reduce stress and think clearly
- How to be less reactive in difficult situations
- Making mindfulness a part of your life and why its important
- Plus, get 8 weeks of free meditation classes in our beautiful studio. You'll be able to attend classes during the 4 weeks of the course and 4 weeks directy after the course.
Danielle Hanrahan, Counsellor and Mindfulness Practitioner
6.30pm – 8.30pm
Monday evenings weekly,
8th May 2017 - 29th May 2017
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills