KICKSTART YOUR HEART : LETTING THE LOVE IN
How do you open your heart? How can we have meaningful relationships? Whether you're single or in a relationship, understanding how to relate to others, and ultimately yourself, can help you build a successful relationship and connect on deeper levels.
So how do we let people in, while looking out for ourselves? How do we heal from past hurts, understand our needs and learn how to communicate them? This eight-week course founded in mindfulness and positive psychology is designed to help you assess the elements of your life that may be restricting your ability to connect to both yourself and others.
You’ll identify behavioural patterns and process past relationships, while developing your foundations of connection, such as communication, forgiveness and gratitude - all of this leading to a more compassionate (and open) you.
Peel back the layers of your mind to truly understand your heart and relationships. Facilitated by Head Psychologist Mary Hoang, this course is designed to break down the emotional barriers that no longer serve you and help cultivate more love in your life, from the inside out. Body Movement Therapist Celeste Carillo will co-facilitate, using her body work expertise to give you a greater understanding of how we embody our emotions, and how we can transform our mental state through physical movement.
THIS COURSE IS PERFECT FOR
- Those who are looking to understand and learn from past relationships whether currently single or attached
- Self-Love: Anyone who wants a better relationship with themselves to better connect with others
- Those who want to develop the confidence to be authentic in relationships and life
IN THIS COURSE, YOU'LL LEARN
- Why we build up these fortresses of emotional protection and how to let go of the stuff that’s holding you back
- The role mindfulness and self-awareness can play in our relationships
- Your barriers to meaningful connections
- How to identify your needs and communicate effectively and assertively
- How to find your strengths and practice vulnerability
- Learn how to deal with emotions using mindfulness, positive psychology, movement and and understanding of how your brain works
- How to create a vision for your relationships based on your values and priorities
YOU CAN EXPECT....
- A dinner on love
- Conversations on relationships
- Craft a vision for yourself
- Dealing with the mind
- Dealing with conflict
- Forgiveness & letting go
- Making space
- Dealing with change
- Sex & intimacy
Mary Hoang, Principal Psychologist
Celeste Carrillo, Body Movement Specialist
6.45pm - 9.15pm
Tuesday evenings weekly
17th April 2018 - 5th June 2018
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills