How to deal with uncertainty
Just when we think we have our life all sorted, something or someone comes flying out of left field to smack us squarely between the eyes – waking us up to the fact that the only certainty in life is uncertainty. Life challenges and periods of uncertainty, particularly during major life transitions, can be downright scary, but they also offer a huge opportunity for personal growth and development.
This workshop will delve right into the complex nature of certainty and uncertainty, and why not knowing what’s around the corner in your life is uncomfortable for many people. Understand the types of things most people feel uncertain about, what it feels like and how they respond, as well as how to manage periods of uncertainty – whether personal or professional – by letting go and seeing the journey for what it is – a journey to understanding yourself a little better. You will also be guided on understanding your values and why it’s important to know what you stand for in order to move beyond any difficult situation.
What you will learn
- Understand the nature of uncertainty and why it’s uncomfortable
- Explore the types of uncertain situations people find difficult to manage
- Learn how to ‘sit’ with uncertainty with the process of letting go
- Discover why values are important in a life that throws up curveballs, and how these can help you move beyond any situation
- Understand the thinking patterns that can contribute to discomfort, and what to do about them
Mary Hoang, Principal Psychologist
Josh Stinton, Life Coach
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday 26th April
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills