How to be happy
Happiness… it’s a bit like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow – a lot of us are striving for it but not too many are finding, or achieving, it. So, what’s the secret to happiness? And, who’s got it? Turns out science can explain the crap moods and the unhelpful thoughts that keep swirling around your head as well as provide the lowdown on happiness and the tools you need to start cultivating it for yourself.
Join us for this practical workshop on how to cultivate happiness in a way that sticks – from the inside. Taking practices from Mindfulness and positive psychology, you’ll learn how to create lasting changes to your overall attitude and way of experiencing the world, as well as understand the power of gratitude and how you can rewire the brain for positivity. Say goodbye to chronic dissatisfaction and hello to a more balanced, positive and happy you.
What you will learn
- How our brain can work against us in the quest for happiness and what to do about it
- How to utilise neuroplasticity and mindfulness to change the brain
- How positive psychology’s study of the world’s happiest people can help you
- The power of gratitude in rewiring the brain for positivity
- How to lay the foundation for sustainable happiness
This workshop is perfect for
- Anyone who feels stuck in their head 24/7
- Those who want to feel balanced, calm and satisfied
Provisional Psychologist and Group Facilitator
A passionate provisional psychologist, certified yoga teacher and mindfulness practitioner, Martha is on a mission to help people understand themselves in order to live a life of meaning and purpose. She brings an inspired approach to her teaching and draws on mindfulness, positive psychology and yogic philosophy to take students on a journey to nourish both the body and mind.
11:00am - 1:00pm
Saturday 22nd July
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills