HIGH SPIRITS: MINDFUL GIN TASTING
We all know that gin tastes delicious, but have you ever wondered why?
Join Elly Baxter, Mindfulness Coach and creator of The Ginstress, for a sensory journey through the history and elements of everyone’s favourite spirit, culminating in a tasting of gins made right here in Sydney.
Gin is a blend of botanicals and neutral alcohol that delights the senses. When we practice mindfulness we can enjoy a deeper experience of the interplay of flavours and scents, to fully appreciate the distiller's craft. Gin is also history in a glass. From medieval remedy to the London gin craze, from British colonialism to women's liberation, gin has has been there to spread joy and wickedness.
You will experience:
- An understanding of how mindfulness can enhance flavour and smell
- An exploration of the history of gin
- A primer in how gin is made
- Gin botanicals in dried and essential oil form
- Guided mindfulness meditation
- A guided tasting of three local gins
- Choose your favourite of the three gins to enjoy in a gin and tonic
Ginstress and Creativity & Mindfulness Coach
Thursday 9th Nov
7pm - 9pm
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills