GET REAL: HOW TO LIVE AUTHENTICALLY
When we're projecting a version of ourselves out into the world that is out of sync with our thoughts, we can subconsciously be attacking our sense of self-worth. This can leave us feeling unconfident, agitated, and fake.
Being authentic is giving yourself permission to be yourself, in a world that would prefer to change you. It's about living so that you feel equipped to meet any obstacle to believing in yourself. This results in less self doubt, less tossing and turning about big decisions, less trying to please everyone else, and more being true to you.
It’s a pathway to living life on your own terms, and a real sense of happiness.
What you will learn
- How to tell if you’re acting authentically
- Understanding why we develop roles and sub-identities
- Discovering the steps to rediscovering who you are and the life you want to live
- Learning about the importance of values on effective decision-making and living authentically
- Exploring how to transform your relationship to vulnerability
- Developing awareness of thinking patterns to know when you’re holding yourself back
Counsellor and Mindfulness PractitionerPassionate about understanding the mind and body, Danielle works with individuals and groups to facilitate self-awareness in the context of our busy, modern lives. She brings her knowledge and experience in psychotherapy, popular psychology, neuroscience, mindfulness and meditation to each aspect of her work, creating a safe and supportive space for individuals to learn and grow.
7pm - 9pm
Thur 12th Oct
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills