As the pace of modern life continues to forge ahead, many of us feel the pressure to keep up. Whether at work, at home or simply in our leisure time, we spend most of our day ‘doing’. When our lives become faster, we can often slip into automatic mode – unconscious to what we’re doing, where we’re going and whom we’re talking to. Mindfulness is one way to hit the pause button and start living our lives intentionally – appreciating the small moments and experiences that characterise our lives.
A hot topic in the world today, mindfulness is waking up. Awakening to our lives lived on autopilot and shifting gears to create the lives we want and be the people we wish to be. As Jon Kabat-Zinn said, it is “the art of conscious living”. Just as we train our bodies at the gym, mindfulness is training for the mind. Anyone who has a mind can learn these simple teachings and incorporate it into their life – no matter how busy life is or can get. This workshop is aimed at anyone who has ever felt the pressure of ‘busyness’ and who are interested in bringing more balance and effectiveness into their lives.
What you will learn
- Explore mindfulness and the science behind it
- Understand the mind-body connection and the benefits of mindfulness on your whole system
- Discover how mindfulness can enhance the senses, leading to a deeper awareness of moment-to-moment experience
- Learn simple practices to incorporate mindfulness into your life
THIS WORKSHOP IS PERFECT FOR
- Anyone who feels stressed, overwhelmed and reactive
- Those who wish to transform how they perceive the world
- Those who want to understand themselves better
Danielle Hanrahan, Counsellor and Mindfulness Practitioner
11am - 1:00pm
Saturday 6th May
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills