You are worthy. Right here. Right now.
What exactly is ‘self-worth’ and how can you get more of it, particularly living in a pandemic? Times are really tough right now especially those experiencing extended lockdown. But what has this new way of living done to your self worth? This thoughtful, 6-week journey will guide you through a number of mindful, immersive practices to help you live consciously, live purposefully and develop a sense of personal integrity that will ignite your self-esteem. No matter what conditions we find ourselves in – we can learn to find grounding and clarity from within.
This experiential, evidence-based course is based off the work of Nathaniel Branden, a psychotherapist who has been researching self-worth & self-esteem for over four decades. He has narrowed down the cultivation of healthy self-esteem to be founded in six practices which we will dive into over this 6-Week course.
What will you learn?
- The practice of living consciously
- How to distinguish between facts, interpretations and emotions
- The practice of self-acceptance
- How to value yourself, treat yourself with respect and to stand up for your right to exist
- The practice of self-responsibility
- The difference between what is within and outside of our control
- The practice of self-assertiveness
- Assertive communication – what it is, and what it is not
- The practice of living purposefully
- The practice of personal integrity and how we can integrate our ideals, convictions, standards, beliefs and behaviour
This course is perfect for you if
- You lose faith in yourself & your ability to cope amidst change & uncertainty.
- You look for worth and validation in things outside of yourself
- Avoid having to confront uncomfortable emotions or painful feelings
- You surrender responsibility to others because you lack confidence and faith in your own knowledge, strength and abilities
- You struggle to know the difference between what is within your control and what you cannot influence or change
- You feel your life belongs to others, and everything you do is in order to live up to other people’s expectations
- You feel like you’re living without purpose, at the mercy of chance
How you will learn
Self Inquiry & Reflection
Ayanthi is a true believer in the power of therapy, with its ability to help challenge unhelpful thoughts and strengthen more helpful ones with a bit of skill and plenty of practice.
She spent years working with people who have experienced psychosis, including voice-hearing, and a pivotal lesson she learned is that the only power the voices have is the power the voice-hearer gives them. This principle applies to all of us, our internal chatter of self-beliefs, automatic thoughts and ruminations are really just a sequence of words in our minds. Mental freedom comes when we get to choose which ones we want to indulge.
“There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
– Anaïs Nin
|DURATION:||6 Week Course|
|DATE:||2nd August – 6th Sept, Monday evenings weekly|
|TIME:||6:30 – 8:30 pm|
|LOCATION:||33 Foster Street, Surry Hills|
|COST:||$595 or 2 payments of $297.50