Know your worth. Then add tax.
Self-worth is one of those illusive concepts that gets thrown around a lot, often without being defined. We often assume it’s got something to do with being ‘confident’, ‘self-assured’, and having ‘self-love’, but what is it actually? Are some people just lucky enough to be born with it or is it something we all have to work towards?
This experiential, evidence-based course is based off the work of Nathaniel Branden, a psychotherapist who has been researching self-worth & self-esteem for over four decades. He has narrowed down the cultivation of healthy self-esteem to be founded in six practices which we will dive into over this 6-Week course.
What will you learn?
- The practice of living consciously
- How to distinguish between facts, interpretations and emotions
- The practice of self-acceptance
- How to value yourself, treat yourself with respect and to stand up for your right to exist
- The practice of self-responsibility
- The difference between what is within and outside of our control
- The practice of self-assertiveness
- Assertive communication – what it is, and what it is not
- The practice of living purposefully
- The practice of personal integrity and how we can integrate our ideals, convictions, standards, beliefs and behaviour
This course is perfect for you if
- You look for worth and validation in things outside of yourself
- Avoid having to confront uncomfortable emotions or painful feelings
- You surrender responsibility to others because you lack confidence and faith in your own knowledge, strength and abilities
- You struggle to know the difference between what is within your control and what you cannot influence or change
- You feel your life belongs to others, and everything you do is in order to live up to other people’s expectations
- You feel like you’re living without purpose, at the mercy of chance
How you will learn
Self Inquiry & Reflection
Ayanthi is a true believer in the power of therapy, with its ability to help challenge unhelpful thoughts and strengthen more helpful ones with a bit of skill and plenty of practice.
She spent years working with people who have experienced psychosis, including voice-hearing, and a pivotal lesson she learned is that the only power the voices have is the power the voice-hearer gives them. This principle applies to all of us, our internal chatter of self-beliefs, automatic thoughts and ruminations are really just a sequence of words in our minds. Mental freedom comes when we get to choose which ones we want to indulge.
“There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
– Anaïs Nin
|DURATION:||6 Week Course|
|DATE:||2nd August – 6th Sept, Monday evenings weekly|
|TIME:||6:30 – 8:30 pm|
|LOCATION:||33 Foster Street, Surry Hills|
|COST:||$595 or 2 payments of $297.50