Anxiety is f*cking exhausting.
Are you struggling with anxiety? It can feel like a constant tug of war, but the truth is, fighting anxiety doesn’t work. It ends up getting us so caught up that we lose focus completely. Once we start to recognise our anxiety we can begin to change our relationship to it. Rather than running away or getting caught up in it, we can get to a point where we are responding effectively – not reacting impulsively.
In this 4 week program, you’ll gain an understanding of what may be contributing to your own anxiety, through heightened awareness of your behaviours and thoughts. Led by Amy Newsome, you’ll discover a toolkit of strategies to help you manage your anxiety by identifying your triggers, dealing with your self-critic and training that negative little voice in your head to become more self-compassionate.
What will you learn?
- What is anxiety?
- Understanding physiology
- Recognising your inner critic and dealing with it
- Identifying your anxiety triggers
- Using mindfulness, thought defusion and challenging
- Discovering how our environment impacts our emotions
- Identifying cycles which keep us feeling trapped in our anxiety
- Learning sensory techniques to modify our environment
- Using effective communication styles
- Building self compassion and acceptance
- Translating self compassion into self care
This course will suit you if
- You are feeling overwhelmed or stressed
- You are wanting simple strategies to be calmer and less reactive
- You feel anxiety controls your life
- You are looking for a more holistic approach to anxiety
- You are overcome by panic attacks
- You find social situations terrifying or struggle with social anxiety
How you will learn
Self Inquiry & Reflection
Amy is a warm and enthusiastic psychologist, who loves getting to know different people and understanding their unique way of thinking. Amy is passionate about group work, as she believes it has the power to deliver therapeutic support in a fun, non-threatening and engaging environment. She draws upon a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches in creative ways. Amy is known for big belly laughs and loves to use humour in her work to demystify and destigmatise mental health issues.
|DURATION:||4 Week Course|
|DATE:||17th Oct – 7th Nov, Thursday evenings weekly|
|TIME:||7:00 – 9:00 pm|
|LOCATION:||33 Foster Street, Surry Hills|
|COST:||$350 or 4 payments of $87.50|