Perfectionism: Gift or Curse?
While some wear it like a badge of honour, perfectionism can be a burden for many of us. It sneaks up everywhere; our work, our projects - oh yes, and our relationships… But where does it actually stem from? And why does it rule some of us?
More than anything, perfectionism is misunderstood. In this workshop, you’ll gain a greater awareness of your perfectionistic habits and recognise where these have helped or hindered you, paving the way to a more purposeful and fulfilled life.
What you will learn
- Discover if perfectionism is helping you or holding you back?
- Learn about healthy and unhealthy perfectionism
- Explore the fear of failure
- Build awareness around your habits
- Learn how to bring self-compassion into your life
This workshop is perfect for
- Creatives looking to better understand their perfectionism
- Self-confessed control freaks
- Anyone who has an idea or project on hold
- Serial strivers and overachievers who struggle to find balance
- Busy professionals who procrastinate to manage perfectionism
Martha Tsakalos Provisional Psychologist and Mindfulness Practitioner
A passionate provisional psychologist, certified yoga teacher and mindfulness practitioner, Martha is on a mission to help people understand themselves in order to live a life of meaning and purpose. She brings an inspired approach to her teaching and draws on mindfulness, positive psychology and yogic philosophy to take students on a journey to nourish both the body and mind.
Wednesday 7th June
The indigo project: 33 Foster Street, Surry Hills