Mindfulness for Stress and Anxiety
Ask any person on the street how they are feeling and more often than not, you’re going to get a variation of busy, stressed, tired, over-worked or anxious. Life today is fast-paced, full of distractions and focused more on the future than the present moment and, as a result of those pressures we feel tense 24/7. So, how do we cope with the pressures and stresses of life?
There’s a reason mindfulness has been the recent buzzword of our times. Not only does science back up the benefits of mindfulness, more and more people are finding a genuine resonance and connection with the simple concept of bringing the mind back to the present moment – consciously, curiously and without judgment. One of the gifts of mindfulness is helping you recognise that there are choices in how you respond to any situation in life, including stressful ones. Developing awareness of yourself and of the stresses in your life through mindfulness is the first step in transforming your health and wellbeing for the better.
What you will learn
- Learn what mindfulness is and how it can increase self and body awareness
- Discover the connection between stress, mindfulness and the brain
- Understand how the mind impacts the body, exploring stress reactions and stress responses
- Learn how to manage everyday stress with mindfulness techniques and gentle yoga movements
This workshop is perfect for
- Anyone who feels stress and anxiety controls their life
- Those wanting simple strategies to be calmer and less reactive
Martha Tsakalos Provisional Psychologist and Group Facilitator
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thursday 17th May
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills