HOW TO MAKE 2017 A SUCCESS
Sick of feeling stuck or like your life isn’t going in the direction you want it go? Yep, we’ve all been there (and sometimes, still find ourselves there!). Rather than lacking aspirations or dreams, the things that hold us back are there in the background, unseen, but influencing what we choose to do with our time and energy, or stopping us from living up to the best version of ourselves. It can be easy to fall into the quagmire of feeling unfulfilled and straight-up unhappy. With media constantly telling us the quick-fix ways to get happy - that new iPhone, new car, new dress, better job, more money… the list goes on. And even if we acquire these things we’re still left feeling dissatisfied. The good thing is that neuroscience can teach us so much about how to cultivate the right kinda feeling and we can change the way we view the world, our moods and the way we interact with others.
Awareness of what these forces are and how we can combat them to live fearlessly and create the life we want for ourselves, and on our terms, is the first step to achieving success, as defined by you! We’ll look at how to define success, how to set a clear vision and roadmap for the life you want to live, how setting intentions can change your life and explore the Happiness Advantage, the seven principles of positive psychology that fuel success and performance. We’ll also teach you mindfulness principles to help you remain clear and focused for the year ahead, and enjoying the small achievements along the way.
Join Head Psychologist Mary Hoang in our first workshop for the year to get you living and loving your life, with the ideas and principles that have helped people all over the world cultivate successful lives.
What you will learn
- Defining success, for you, and how to set a clear roadmap to getting what you want
- Setting intentions and learning how this simple routine can change your life
- How to be more authentic – getting what you want in life
- Understanding the Happiness Advantage and how these principles of positive psychology can fuel your performance
- Learning how to kick unhelpful or unhealthy habits of thinking, feeling and behaving to the curb
- And finally, understanding mindfulness and how it can change your mindset to lead a happier, more successful life
Mary Hoang, Head Psychologist
7:00pm - 8:30pm
Wednesday, 18th January 2017
33 Foster Street, Surry Hills